Introducing Encanto ...
Capable of 172 trillion calculations per second!
- SGI Altix ICE 8200 cluster with a peak theoretical performance of 172 TFlops (Rpeak) and 133 TFLops sustained (Rmax)
- 1,792 nodes each with dual 3.0 GHz quad core Intel Xeon processors
- 28.7 TB of local memory (2GB/core)
- Luster filesystem with 10 GB/sec bandwidth for parallel IO and storage
- NFS filesystem for persistent data storage
- Connectivity to National Lambda Rail (NLR)
- Supporting any parallel (MPI), distributed, and embarrassingly parallel job types in support of almost any workload.
Encanto is the tool that will help solve today's most daunting challenges. In conjunction with the expertise and capabilities available throughout the State of New Mexico, Encanto will help bring more high technology business to the state. Easily the most accessible supercomputer of its size and capability, business can gain a competitive advantage by leveraging this unique computational resource.